Guest Post – Off With His Democratic Head

30 Sep

Illustration: Zeg | click to enlarge

Submitted by collaborator and stylist, Zeg.

G’day,

The most ludicrous thing (apart from the attack on free speech) about this very wrong judgement against Andrew Bolt was that Bolt was never talking about racism nor was he promoting it in the first place.

The fact is that he was promoting the opposite of racism, “UNITY” and exposing what many Australians already are aware of and that is the fact that people who do not deserve to call themselves Aboriginal are doing so even though they are several generations removed from the Original Australian Aboriginal DNA line. That is like me claiming Scottish or Irish or Welsh or German or French or English entitlement just because there is a mix of all these ethnic origins circulating within my bloodstream. I mean, I claim to be an Australian as this is where I was born and hold my loyalty too. My mother cannot help but claim her English heritage as she was born there but she can also legally say that she is an Australian because she was naturalised after she choose to emigrate here … but if my great grandmother had sexual relations with an Aboriginal Australian and a child came of that union and that child turned out to become my grandfather then I can claim Aboriginality and all of the social welfare schemes attached to that claim as much as a true Aboriginal who was born here or parents were born here and the blood line of their family is purely Aboriginal….WHAT THE?

What a deluded mess this has become and clearly many who do not deserve the tax payer funded breaks that they claim for and are simply ripping us ALL off. As Bolt said in front of the court after the verdict was announced, “We should be focusing on the things that UNITE us and not those that divide”. Well Andrew, we need that message to go back in time to at least several decades of political stooges from both major parties who used this form of apartheid (separating the internal population based on racial difference) as nothing more than a vote generator. See how they have created a nation within a nation, with it’s own laws, racial based freedoms and benefits and even a flag. How is that promoting a united nation…. What does the song say? …”WE ARE ONE BUT WE ARE MANY….” Sure we are many but thanks to the abuse of welfare and the creation of the “ABORIGINAL INDUSTRY” we are and will never be one. Mr Abbott TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!!!…… apologies to the late Ronald Reagan.

Incidentally, my brother is married to an Aboriginal woman thus my nieces are both eligible to the claim….. they don’t do it, they work hard and claim nothing. That is being Australian in my book.

Godspeed
Zeg

FREELANCE EDITORIAL CARTOONIST/CARICATURIST

Twitter – @Zegcartoonist
Blog – http://zegsyd.blogspot.com/

Disclaimer: The views expressed in the above article are the author’s own. They should not be interpreted as reflecting any views held by Senator Barnaby Joyce, The Nationals, or by the barnabyisright.com blog author

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Guest Post – Off With His Democratic Head”

1. Jaymez September 30, 2011 at 3:20 am #

The DNA make up of us all can be traced back to the first humans to leave Africa. Should we all then identify with black Africans?

• Whacked September 30, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

But but .. the indigenous people of Australia are now linked to our ancestors in Africa .. good grief I should wash my mouth out!

2. Jazza October 1, 2011 at 7:28 am #

I have to say that everyone I know holds the same opinion as you do.

The pity is this country is no longer free enough for us to voice it.

I consider that a brave piece, just as Andrew Bolt is often brave in writing his columns..

This man,whom I have read for over 10years, has always been on about what is best for Australia and Australians

No matter what Court tries to label him racist I will never believe that charge!

3. Twodogs October 1, 2011 at 10:55 pm #

Any limitation on claiming aboriginality is going to be arbitrary, so greater than zero is as good as any (/devil’s advocate). That said, the aborigines in question have less in common with your average aborigine than I do. Before I read anything he has written, I heard volumes about his “far right wing racism and divisiveness”, yet I have never seen anything remotely extreme. He makes a case for his argument and then backs it up with evidence and common sense. If I wanted extremism, I’d read Robert Manne or the utterly pompous David Marr.

The Only thing transparent about the left is their bias.

• ZEG Editorial Cartoonist October 4, 2011 at 7:54 am #

Spot on Two Dogs, you have nailed it with this comment. The left’s hypocrisy has no bounds and to call Bolt a racist is a clear indication that the claimer has no true understanding of racism and the evil that creates it. Generally speaking those that decry the loudest are diverting attention from their own known guilt and or association to the Marxist version of apartheid IMHO…. P.S Jazz, you obviously travel in good company!

4. bushbunny October 2, 2011 at 2:48 pm #

I know people who are of Aboriginal descent, and don’t claim special benefits or grants. Some are embarrassed to have Aboriginal ancestry especially when so far back but the thing is I heard you don’t have to prove it. But did you hear the taunts outside the court house, ‘You scum Bolt’ etc.Although one academic said ‘It wasn’t what he was writing about but how he said it’. Aborigines are very very hypersensitive, and I know they use the term ‘coconut’ when they don’t like people who are of Aboriginal descent acting as if
    they are white. How to be judged eh. There is just as much racism thrown at non Aborigines by Aborigines except they don’t get a racist tag put on them? PC gone one way not the other.

Comments are closed.